DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Partake is seeking a Director of Operations to lead all facets of the supply chain, including purchasing, production, inventory management, and logistics in a fast-paced, execution-focused, and dynamic environment.
WHO WE ARE
Our mission at Partake is simple—make snacking and sharing deliciously worry-free and simple for today’s healthy and allergy-conscious consumers. Our first offering is a line of cookies that make customers say “I can’t believe this cookie is vegan, gluten-free and allergy-friendly!” Our products are made from simple ingredients with flavors that feel indulgent: carrot cake, birthday cake and double chocolate chip to name a few.
Since launching in August 2017, our cookies can be found in stores throughout the US like Whole Foods, Wegmans, and MOMs Organic Market. You would be joining us in rapid growth mode.
Partake was founded by Denise Woodard, a mom with a decade of CPG experience who saw a need for safe, healthy snacks that taste good. Partake has earned recognition from both a business perspective (Fall 2018 Chobani Incubator, Google’s “Black Founders” 2017 winner) and product perspective (MindBodyGreen’s “Healthiest Cookies You Can Buy”, People’s “Editor’s Picks”, and Preventions “Cleanest Packaged Foods” list). To learn more, visit partakefoods.com
Supply Chain Responsibilities:
- Manage all vendor relationships and all aspects of the supply chain, including production/co-packing, transportation, warehousing, and raw materials
- Work closely with CEO and sales team to develop accurate S&OP forecasts
- Develop processes and manage the order processing and fulfillment functions
- Manage inventory of all raw materials, packaging, and finished goods
- Develop and implement plans to significantly reduce COGS across-the-board
- Support scale-up and commercialization of new products
- Identification of raw material and packaging suppliers as needed to ensure both capacity and quality needs are being met
- Work with new and existing suppliers to improve the reliability and efficiency of the supply chain
- Responsible for monthly cost and margin reporting on raw materials, packaging, finished goods, warehousing, and freight
- Develop and maintain raw material, packaging, and finished product specifications
- Ensure that flawless crisis management procedures are in place and tested
- Continuously improve all aspects of product quality through regular GMP audits of copackers, vendors, and distributors
- Maintain compliance with nutritional labeling and product package claims
- Maintain/develop all required product certifications (e.g., Non--GMO Project, Fair Trade, Kosher, etc.)
- CPG supply chain background preferred. Past start up experience ideal.
- Proficient in Excel and Quickbooks
- Bachelors Degree
YOU ARE A:
Self-motivated, entrepreneurial go-getter who possesses the highest levels of integrity and character. You love details, Excel is your jam, and solving problems makes your day. You’re team oriented, collaborative and have an all hands on deck mentality. The ability to prioritize and multitask to the max in a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment is a must.
- Position will be based in New York, NY
- Report to CEO/Founder
- Position eligible for equity, bonus, and benefits
- Flexible time off policy
- Travel as needed; Some weekend work required for trade shows and events
- All the cookies you can eat
- Exposure to all aspects of a fast growing CPG start up
If this sounds great to you, email email@example.com along with a resume and answers to the below questions:
- Which of our current cookie flavors best describes you and why?
- What are 3 words your closest friends would use to describe you?
- If you had 48 hours with no commitments and money was no object, how would you spend the time?
- What 3 words describe your ideal company culture?