DIY Easy Slime Recipe
Now more than ever, busy parents (us included) are trying to think of things to do to keep our kiddos occupied. And when your go-to activities are already done by 10:30 a.m., it's time to get creative. Enter slime.
We're excited to share an easy DIY slime recipe. You should have most of the ingredients at your house, and if not, they're all available at the grocery store.
Next time you need an activity to fill some time, create this DIY Slime using the instructions below. And make sure you share your creations on Instagram and tag #partakeabite.
Here's what you need:
- 6-7 ounce bottle Elmer's liquid school glue, washable
- ½ tablespoon baking soda
- 1 - 1 ½ tablespoons contact solution, more as needed (must contain boric acid)
- ½ cup glitter
- Food coloring, optional
Here's how to make it:
1) Add glue to a plastic mixing bowl.
2) Stir in food coloring, if using.
3) Add baking soda and stir.
4) Slowly add contact solution, stirring as you add until you reach desired consistency.
5) Add glitter and stir.
6) Remove slime from bowl and knead to mix.
7) Enjoy! To make it last longer, keep in an airtight bowl in the fridge.