When in doubt, bring on the chocolate! When formulating our next cookie flavor, we knew it would be a chocolately one. You just can’t go wrong with chocolate and everything is better with lots of chocolate goodness, which is why chocolate was the muse for our newest cookie flavor… Double Chocolate Chip! Because you can never have too much of it, we decided to well, DOUBLE it!
And they are of course, gluten-free, vegan, and top 14 allergen-free, just like our other cookies! They’re made with chocolate chips, cocoa powder, chocolate extract… and beets! So, as you can see, there’s a whole lotta the good stuff in our newest batch.
In addition to being super delicious, chocolate is actually a superfood with a plethora of healthy benefits! Here’s why:
- Heart Healthy - Chocolate does more than cure a broken heart, it’s also known to lower blood pressure. Eating just one square of chocolate a day has been found to reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke by 39%!
- Weight Loss - Chocolate offers a feeling of satiety and can actually lessens cravings for sweet, salty, and fatty foods. Therefore, you tend to eat less of the bad stuff in the long run!
- Happier Kids - They say happy wife means happy life, but if the kids ain’t happy, the wife ain’t happy. Women who ate chocolate daily during their pregnancy reported that they had better stress tolerance than those who didn’t!
- Natural Sunscreen - Researchers found that those who ate chocolate could withstand the sun longer – a study found that those who ate chocolate took twice as long to get red from the sun!
- IQ Boost - Compounds in chocolate help to boost blood flow to important parts of the brain, which improves performance and alertness. Say bye to coffee!
- Cough Cure - Who needs cough syrup when you’ve got chocolate!? Chocolate is known to quiet coughs almost as much as codeine, but without the sleepy side effects!
- Tummy Tamer - South American and European cultures have been treating diarrhea with cocoa since at least the 16th