Item added to your cart
National Chocolate Chip Day is the perfect excuse to indulge in all things chocolate chip, and what better way to celebrate than with Partake’s delicious Crunchy Chocolate Chip and Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie cookies? Not only are they the perfect standalone snack to satisfy your chocolate craving, but they work perfectly into a number of incredible dessert recipes.
In this blog, we'll show you how to create two mouth-watering recipes that you can enjoy this year on National Chocolate Chip Day: Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna and Double Chocolate Brownie Cookie Bark.
Before we get to baking, let’s explore the history of this delicious holiday.
What’s National Chocolate Chip Day?
National Chocolate Chip Day is a relatively new holiday that was created to celebrate one of America’s most beloved treats: chocolate chip cookies. The origins of the holiday are not entirely clear, but it is believed to have started in the early 2000s, with various food bloggers and social media influencers promoting the day as a way to pay homage to the iconic chocolate chip cookie. Regardless of its exact origins, National Chocolate Chip Day has quickly become a popular celebration across the United States, with people baking and enjoying chocolate chip treats in various forms every May 15th.
Ready to Celebrate Chocolate Chips? Try These Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna is a fun dessert twist on traditional lasagna that is sure to impress your guests. It is a crowd-pleaser that combines creamy filling, chocolate pudding, and crunchy cookie pieces to create a unique and delicious dessert that everyone will love.
If you're in the mood for something a little simpler, try making our delicious recipe for Double Chocolate Cookie Bark. It is a delicious and easy-to-make treat that combines the rich flavors of our Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie cookies with two types of chocolate and crunchy chocolate chips. The result is a sweet and crunchy snack that is perfect for satisfying your chocolate cravings. It's also a great recipe to make with kids, as they'll have fun breaking the cookies into pieces and sprinkling the chocolate chips on top.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Lasagna
This chocolate chip cookie lasagna is the perfect combination of creamy and crunchy, and the mini chocolate chips add a fun pop of texture. It's a great dessert to make for a party or gathering, as it can be made ahead of time and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
- 1 package of Partake Crunchy Chocolate Chip cookies
- 6 tbsp vegan butter (melted)
- 1 8-ounce container of vegan cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 1 8-ounce container of preferred non-dairy whipped topping
- 1 1/2 cups of oat milk
- 1 3/4-ounce package of vegan instant vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup of mini chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and granulated sugar together until smooth.
- Fold in the whipped topping and set aside.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk together the milk and instant vanilla pudding until the mixture thickens.
- Using a rolling pin, put the Crunchy Chocolate Chip cookies into a ziploc bag and crush into small pieces. Stir in melted butter, and set aside.
- In a 9x13 inch baking dish, start layering the ingredients in the following order: a layer of cookie crumbles, a layer of cream cheese mixture, and a layer of pudding mixture.
- Repeat this layering process until all ingredients are used up.
- Cover the baking dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Top with mini chocolate chips as desired.
- Serve chilled and enjoy!
Double Chocolate Cookie Bark
This double chocolate cookie bark is a rich and decadent treat. The Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie cookies add an extra layer of chocolatey goodness, while the mini chocolate chips add a fun crunch.
- 1 package of Partake Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie cookies
- 12 ounces of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Sea salt to taste
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Crumble the Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie cookies into small pieces.
- In a small bowl, microwave mini chocolate chips on medium, uncovered, for 45 seconds. Stir until melted completely. If needed, microwave at additional 15-second intervals, stirring vigorously after each interval until all chips are melted.
- Fold in the crumbled cookies into the melted chocolate and spread the mixture out evenly on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle any remaining cookie crumbles and chocolate chips over the mixture.
- Refrigerate for about an hour, allowing the cookie bark to cool and harden.
- Once hardened, break the bark into pieces, drizzle with sea salt, and enjoy!
National Chocolate Chip Day is the perfect excuse to indulge in some delicious chocolate chip treats. With our Crunchy Chocolate Chip and Soft Baked Double Chocolate Brownie cookies, the possibilities are endless. No matter your texture preference, try out these two recipes and discover your new favorite chocolate chip dessert! And if you’re a dig-right-into-the-box kind of snacker, you can find our variety of chocolate flavors at 11,000+ retailers nationwide, like Target, Whole Foods, Sprouts, and more! Happy snacking!