Item added to your cart
As Adam Sandler so memorably sang “Hanukkah is the Festival of Lights. Instead of one day of presents, we have eight crazy nights!” Just in time for Hanukkah, our friend Chen used our versatile Pizza Crust Baking Mix to create a gluten-free, vegan and allergy-friendly rugelach recipe that nearly everyone can enjoy!
Walking through bakeries, delis, cafes and grocery stores in the New York City metro area, where Partake was founded, rugelach (pronounced rugh-uh-lach) can be found any time of year. One taste and you’ll know why! Typically made with cream cheese, cinnamon and sugar, and often made with fruits and nuts or nut pastes, these crescent-shaped pastries that dub as cookies, are the ideal anytime pick-me-up. Pairing so well with a cup of coffee or tea, set these sweet treats out for dessert when you and your guests “Can’t eat another bite.” and see them disappear one-by-one. There’s something about the perfect marrying of the yeast dough with cinnamon and sugar that is light enough for the end of a big meal while being sweet enough to satisfy.
Vegan and Gluten-Free Rugelach
For the Dough:
- 1 bag Pizza Crust Mix
- 1 tbsp activated dry yeast
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp ACV
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
For the Filling:
- 2 tbsp vegan melted butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 ounces rough chopped chocolate or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Dissolve yeast with 1/4 cup warm water and let rest for 10 minutes until foamy.
- Combine the yeast with the rest of the batter for the dough and form into a ball.
- Let rest for 10 minutes, covered.
- Roll into a flat circle shape and chill in the fridge for one hour.
- Cover the dough with melted butter. Sprinkle coconut sugar, cinnamon, and chopped chocolate evenly on top.
- Cut into 8 triangles and roll into crescent shapes.
- Bake at 350 for about 15 minutes or until lightly brown on top and enjoy.:)
This recipe was created by Chen from https://chensplate.com/. If you try this recipe out, don’t forget to tag @partakefoods and @chens_plate on Instagram!