Best Vegan Cookie Pie Recipe in 2023
Break out the mixing bowls, and dust off the pie dish! We know all too well the struggle of finding desserts that accommodate food allergies, while appealing to everyone’s tastes. So we whipped up this gluten-free and vegan sweet potato pie using our Crunchy Ginger Snap cookies in the crust. It has all the warm flavors for sweet & spice fans without sacrificing taste or safety. We hope you love it as much as we do!.
Yields one 9-inch pie
- 1 box of Partake Foods - Crunchy Ginger Snap
- 1/4 cup sugar (we recommend coconut or brown)
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 2 cups of sweet potato puree
- 1 1/2 cups oat milk (or other alternative milk)
- 2 tbsp oil of choice
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tbsp oat flour (you can blend your own rolled oats)
- 1 1/2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp salt
FOR THE CRUST:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Pour cookies into a zip-loc bag and crush with a wooden spoon or rolling pin to make fine crumbs.
- Place cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add sugar and coconut oil. Stir well to combine.
- Pour crust mixture into pie pan and pat down bottom and sides to form crust.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
FOR THE FILLING:
- In a large bowl, add sweet potato puree, oat milk, oil, maple syrup, oat flour, ground flaxseed, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Stir mixture until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cookie pie crust.
- Bake for 30 minutes on the center rack. After 30 minutes, turn off the heat and leave the pie to rest in the oven.
- Let cool for 2 hours (or refrigerate for firmer texture), then serve and enjoy!
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.