Warmer days are just around the corner and this Gluten-Free and Vegan Banana Pudding by FoodByJonister is our light at the end of the Winter tunnel! A classic favorite made allergy-friendly and guilt-free with pantry staples and our Carrot Oatand Sweet Potato Millet cookies. It's simple and sweet, so you'll find yourself frequently creating and snacking on this healthy recipe! It's the perfect, light snack for the brighter days ahead!
Gluten Free & Vegan Banana Pudding
Yields 4 servings
10-12 Partake Foods Cookies
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 cup full fat coconut milk
1/4 cup chia seeds
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp virgin coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract/paste
1/2 tsp salt
MAKE THE CHIA PUDDING:
- Add coconut milk, chia seeds, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla, salt, and 1 banana to food processor and blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mix into a container with a lid to refrigerate for 20-30 minutes. Allow chia seeds to expand and thicken the pudding.
ASSEMBLE THE BANANA PUDDING:
- Add cookies to food processor and blend until a sand-like texture. Alternatively, place cookies in bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Slice 2 bananas into 1/4 inch rounds and add lemon juice to keep the bananas from browning.
- Grab your choice of jars and assemble each by layering all the ingredients.
- Start with a layer of crushed cookies, then add some chia pudding, more cookies, some banana slices, more of the chia pudding, then top if off with the remaining crushed cookies and banana slices!
You can eat it right away or keep it covered in the fridge for up to 3 days. Enjoy!