Item added to your cart
Winter might be citrus season, but lemon always reminds us of summer. If you’re already daydreaming about those warm, summer days in these colder months, make these Lemon Ricotta Waffles for a little slice of paradise! Close your eyes as you take your first bite, and you may just be transported to the Amalfi Coast! The lemon adds a bright, tart flavor that can brighten up any chilly day.
If you are more of a pancake person, this recipe can easily be made into pancakes. Just omit the melted butter or oil from the batter. Everyone needs a sunny moment any time of year.
This recipe can be made in under 20 minutes with our brand new Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix (available at select Target locations and online at target.com and partakefoods.com). Like all Partake offerings, our Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix is vegan, gluten free, non-GMO and Top 9 Allergen Free so you can share with confidence.
Lemon Ricotta Waffles
Yields 2 Waffles
- 1 cup Partake Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ⅔ cup water
- 2 tbsp of melted butter or neutral tasting oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp milk
- Lemon slice (optional)
- whipped topping (optional)
*Feel free to substitute butter, milk, ricotta, and whipped topping with your preferred dairy alternative to make this recipe vegan.
- Make waffle batter as instructed on the Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix package.
- Add the lemon zest, vanilla extract, lemon juice, ricotta, and milk to the batter and mix until combined.
- Heat your waffle iron according to the manufacturer’s instructions, spraying with cooking spray if needed.
- Dollop ¼ cup of batter into the waffle iron and cook until golden brown.
- Serve immediately with the whipped topping and a slice of lemon if desired.