Item added to your cart
For those who live with food allergies or prefer a plant-based diet, even something that seems as simple as a pie may not be able to be eaten.
Which is why we created our Partake 5-in-1 Baking Mix. It gives you all the convenience of a multi-purpose mix while being free from gluten, dairy and the top 8 allergens. We keep it in the pantry to whip up delicious pancakes, muffins, cakes, and even pie crust.
But this isn't your typical pie crust. It's made with Partake Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix, rice flour, and vegan butter so everyone can enjoy it. Make the crust, add a seasonal fruit filling, top with streusel, and it will be a hit!
Download your Partake at Home: with Friends Spring 2021 Digital Magazine HERE.
Pie Crust & StreuselYields: One Pie
Single Pie Crust Ingredients
1 1/4 cups Partake Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix
3/4 cup finely milled white rice flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 cup vegan butter (1 stick), chopped into thin, small pieces and chilled or frozen
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup ice water or more if needed
- In a food processor, combine dry ingredients and butter. Pulse until the butter is finely distributed and mix resembles corn flour.
- Add in water and cider vinegar together. Add all at once to dough and blend until it comes together.
- If the dough is still dry and not coming together, add an additional tablespoon of water and pulse. Continue to do so until a soft dough forms.
- Once a soft dough forms, remove from the food processor and press into a disk about 12” on top of parchment or silicone sheet.
- Dust with Partake Mix if dough comes off on the rolling pin. Allow it to sit covered for at least 15 minutes.
- Note: This dough is not elastic and will not easily tolerate handling. It may tear in places but that’s okay, simply wet the spot and press more dough into the crack.
- Place the dough on the parchment directly in the pie pan/tart shell and press in to fit the pan. Alternately, place the pan upside down on dough and then flip over, so dough goes into the pan.
- Crimp edges as desired. Use water if dough cracks. Dock dough with a fork, making small holes for steam to escape, about 10 taps of the fork. Don’t damage the bottom. Chill for 15 minutes or until dough firms up.
- Place parchment inside the shell and weigh down with pie weights, dry beans, or dry rice.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 10-15 minutes or until set.
- If making a fully cooked pie shell or tart shell, remove rice and parchment and continue baking until the shell is golden, about 10-15 more minutes.
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup Partake 5-in-1 Baking Mix
- 1 cup oats, instant
- 4 tbsp buttery spread, melted
- Combine above until streusel forms.
- Use to top single crust pies.