Item added to your cart
We set out to make a fruit tart so delicious that you would drop what you’re doing to bake, share and enjoy with loved ones this summer—based on the test kitchen feedback, we’ve done it! A flakey, buttery crust made from our (link) Classic Pancake and Waffle Mix, our spin on Katja Heino’s Vanilla Cream and our favorite seasonal fruit combine to make our version of the perfect summer fruit tart. Whether you’re headed to a barbeque, hosting a brunch or just excited to celebrate summer, we can’t wait to see your take on this amazing recipe.
P.S Our Classic Pancake and Waffle Mix is a kitchen staple that serves as a base for many other recipes (link to classic pancake and waffle mix blog recipes).
Summer Fruit Tart with Partake Pancake & Waffle Mix
For the Vanilla Lemon Cream Filling:
- ¼ cup of water
- ¼ arrowroot powder
- 1 15-ounce can of Coconut Milk
- 5 egg yolks (egg substitutes like chia and flax can work here, too)
- 5 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of lemon juice
- Lemon zest (optional - 1 tbsp for Cream + topping, as desired)
- 1 tbsp of butter or coconut oil
For the Pie Crust:
1 ¼ cups Partake Classic Pancake & Waffle Mix
- ¾ cup finely milled white rice flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup vegan butter (1 stick), chopped into thin, small pieces, and chilled or frozen
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup ice water or more if needed
For the Fruit Topping:
- Seasonal fruit cut into 1-inch pieces (We went with a berry medley of strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries but peaches would be delicious too!)
Instructions for the crust:
- In a food processor, combine dry ingredients and butter. Pulse until the butter is finely distributed and mix resembles corn flour.
- Add in water and apple cider vinegar together. Add all at once to dough and blend until it comes together.
- If the dough is still dry and not coming together, add an additional tablespoon of water and pulse. Continue to do so until a soft dough forms.
- Once a soft dough forms, remove from the food processor and press into a disk about 12” on top of parchment or silicone sheet.
- Dust with Partake Mix if dough comes off on the rolling pin. Allow it to sit covered for at least 15 minutes.
- Note: This dough is not elastic and will not easily tolerate handling. It may tear in places but that’s okay. Simply wet the spot and press more dough into the crack.
- Place the dough on the parchment directly in the pie pan/tart shell and press in to fit the pan. Alternatively, place the pan upside down on dough and then flip over, so dough goes into the pan.
- Crimp edges as desired. Use water if dough cracks. Dock dough with a fork, making small holes for steam to escape, about 10 taps of the fork. Don’t damage the bottom.
- Chill for 15 minutes or until dough firms up.
- Place parchment inside shell and weigh down with pie weights, dry beans, or dry rice.
- Bake in 350 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10-15 minutes or until set.
- If making a fully cooked pie shell or tart shell, remove rice and parchment and continue baking until the shell is golden, about 10-15 more minutes.
Instructions for the filling:
- Combine water and arrowroot powder in a bowl and set aside
- Add coconut milk to a saucepan to medium heat, watching to make sure it is not boiling
- While coconut milk is heating, whisk egg yolks and honey together in a bowl.
- Slowly add heated coconut milk to the egg mixture to prevent eggs from curdling
- Once combined, add the mixture back into a saucepan while combining water and arrowroot powder on medium heat
- Continue to stir and mix until mixture is smooth and thick in consistency, once the cream is at your desired consistency remove from heat.
- Add vanilla, lemon juice, lemon zest, and your butter of choice to cream
- Transfer cream to a large glass blow, cover with parchment paper, and refrigerate for at least 4-5 hours.
To assemble fruit tart:
- Add your Vanilla Lemon Cream to the fully cooled pie crust.
- Top with your choice of seasonal fruit and refrigerate for an additional 30-40 minutes to set.
- If you love lemon flavor, as we do, add a bit more lemon zest on top as a garnish and extra kick of citrus.