The bird is roasting, sides are ready to sizzle, and wine is all stocked up, but what about the sweet stuff?! It’s not Thanksgiving without dessert to top off the big meal. With Thanksgiving less than 24 hours ahead of us, you can cross dessert off your list now! The Plant Powered Parents whipped up a pumpkin pie flavored treat that will make everyone in the room go “Mmmm”! Unlike traditional desserts, this one isn’t loaded with butter and sugar, instead it’s made with nutritious ingredients, like our cookies and tofu! Yes, tofu! It’s so creamy, delicious, and sure to spice up your Thanksgiving feast!
Tofu Pumpkin Pie Pudding
Yields 2 cups
- 14 oz firm tofu (excess water drained)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup plant based milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 box Partake Foods mini cookies (we used Sprouted Grain Chocolate Chip, but any flavor works)
- Add all ingredients (except cookies) to a food processor or blender and process until smooth.
- Place pudding mixture in an airtight container and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Crumble 6-8 cookies - or more for extra crunch!
- Scoop 2-3 spoonfuls of pudding into a jar.
- Add a layer of cookie crumbles.
- Continue alternating layers of pudding and cookies until you reach the top!
Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving!