A pot pie is one of our favorite comfort foods in the winter. Whether you’re spending all day outside or relaxing at home, cozy up with this Vegan Pot Pie! This recipe is packed with protein and vegetables making it a great option for lunch or dinner. We love using our Pizza Crust Baking Mix to make this vegan recipe easy—and gluten free. Enjoy!
Vegan & Gluten
Free Pot Pie
Equipment: 2 (12-ounce) ramekins
For the filling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut tofu into 1/3-inch dice and press between clean kitchen towels or paper towels to absorb excess water.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and
cook tofu until golden on all, or most, sides. Remove tofu from the
skillet and set aside.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the same skillet. Add onion,
celery, carrot, and garlic and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add potato to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until tender but
- Add flour, nutritional yeast, and soy sauce to the skillet and stir into the vegetables.
- Add vegetable broth and stir until combined, scraping all the browned
bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Add tofu, peas, sage, and thyme and stir until combined.
- Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the crust
- Prepare the Pizza Crust as instructed on the package.
- Quickly shape the dough into a ball and flatten into a disk.
Place on a floured surface a roll out to 1/8 inch thick.
- Place the ramekins upside-down over the dough and use a
knife to cut out circles about 1/2 inch larger on all sides.
To assemble and bake
- Divide the tofu and vegetable mixture between the
- Place a dough round over each ramekin and tuck the
sides under to form a thicker crust around the edge.
Press to seal around the edges of the dishes
and crimp with a fork. Cut a slit in the middle.
- Bake in the oven until golden and bubbly, about
- Let sit for about 5 minutes before serving.