Ice cream is always a good idea and even better sandwiched between our Chocolate Chip cookies! Taking ice cream sandwiches to the next level, LunchesAndLittles created a dairy-free vanilla bean ice cream recipe that's super smooth, creamy, and oh so delicious! These allergy-friendly mini treats are sure to be a hit with your littles - perfect for afternoon playdates and summer nights!
Mini Vegan Vanilla Bean Cookie Sandwiches
Yields 7-8 mini sandwiches
1 box Partake Foods - Sprouted Grain Chocolate Chip cookies
1 can unsweetened coconut cream
1 can full-fat coconut milk
1/2 cup raw turbinado sugar
2 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 vanilla bean
1 pinch of Himalayan pink salt
1/4 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, warm up coconut cream, milk, sugar, syrup, coconut oil, vanilla bean seeds (scraped from pod) and the remaining pod.
- Once mixture simmers, remove pot from heat and cover. Allow mixture to steep for about 25 minutes.
- Remove vanilla bean pod and scrape out any remaining vanilla beans. Set pod aside or discard.
- Refrigerate milk mixture for 2-3 hours until chilled.
- Transfer to prepared ice cream maker. Churn according to the manufacturer's instructions until it's well-churned to the consistency of a soft-serve.
- Transfer ice cream mix into a freezer-safe container and smooth the top with the back of a spoon or spatula. Freeze overnight.
- Smooth a dollop of ice cream on the back of a mini cookie. Top with another cookie and press firmly together to create a sandwich. Roll sides in vegan chocolate chips if desired!