PARTAKE AT HOME Winter CelebrationsHeartwarming Allergy-friendly, Gluten-free, Vegan Recipes Perfect for Sharing This Holiday Season
Get the Winter Celebrations recipe booklet.
Ginger Snap Coconut Custard
- 1 ¼ cup light coconut milk (or almond milk)
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 4 tsp agar agar flakes
- 2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 cups crushed Ginger Snap cookies
DIRECTIONS - CRUST
- Crush ginger snap cookies in a bag.
- Combine with butter or butter alternative and spread on bottom of tart pan with removable bottom.
DIRECTIONS - CUSTARD
- Place all flan ingredients in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer on medium heat, stirring regularly.
- Once the mixture comes to a light simmer, let it simmer for about 30 seconds to 1 min, then turn off the heat.
- Spread mixture over crushed cookies and let cool to room temperature.
- Place in the fridge and refrigerate for
four hours (or overnight) to set.