Item added to your cart
There’s nothing like a classic margherita pizza! The crispy, crusty edges, the rich flavor of fresh tomato and the creamy texture of melted cheese—talk about perfection.
Vegan Margherita Pizza
For the crust:
- 1 package Pizza Crust Baking Mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tbsp active dry yeast (optional)
- ½ tbsp onion powder (optional)
- ½ tbsp garlic powder (optional)
For the toppings:
- Fresh basil (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
- 1 large ripe tomato
- 1 container of baby tomatoes
- 16 oz of your favorite vegan or non-vegan cheese
- 1-16 oz jar of your favorite tomato/pizza sauce
To make the pizza crust:
- In a bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let the yeast stand until foamy (approx. 5 mins).
- Stir in pizza crust mix, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder; form the mixture into a tight ball
- After allowing the dough to sit for 10 minutes, roll the dough out with lightly oiled hands and allow the dough to sit for an additional 10 minutes.
- Bake the dough for 12 minutes.
To assemble the pizza:
- After the crust has been baked for 12 minutes, spread tomato sauce on pizza crust, top with your cheese of choice, sliced red tomato, and orange baby tomatoes.
- Add basil all over the pizza, and then drizzle the entire pizza with extra virgin olive oil and red pepper flakes.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or till the pizza base is fully cooked and cheese is thoroughly melted.
- Let pizza cool for 1-3 minutes & then enjoy!